The Backstage Stylist is Hiring Freelance Makeup Artists!
🚨 Attention all local Makeup Artists! 🚨
👄 The Backstage Stylist is looking for Makeup Artists to join their Glam Squad freelance team!
We have loads of projects coming up and are looking to add experienced and licensed MUA’s to our team!
Who we are…
- An established Makeup and Beauty business with amazing clients that provides in studio and on location services for various types of industries requiring camera or video.
Who you are…
- Have a strong work ethic and solid work history.
- Are great with clients and make everyone feel welcome.
- Are experienced in Bridal and Performance makeup and can easily color match clients of all foundation shade ranges.
- Are able to easily apply false lashes with no gaps.
- Are able to do natural, soft glam and dramatic makeup on all skin tones.
- Have a well rounded makeup kit with products that are not expired or contaminated.
- Able to stand for long periods of time to do makeup and work in all different types of environments.
- Are easy going, but at the same time business focused and ready to show up and paint pretty faces.
- Are a team player and get along well with others, ego’s need not apply.
- Will only take on jobs you are fully committed to and will always show up ready to work on time or early.
- Hold a Valid Cosmetology or Esthetics License.
- Have completed an infection control course or wiling to do so prior to employment.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Able to provide glowing work references.
Freelance work defined…
We keep you on our freelance roster and call you with job information and dates to see if you are available. Some work is paid hourly and some are day rates, depending on the type of job it is, which will all be discussed at the time of the project offer. Some jobs pay cash or Venmo the same day, other jobs are 30 day pay periods. You are never married to us, and this is an non exclusive contract. You basically act as your own agent and decide which jobs are best for you.
All freelancers are required to fill out a W9 and will receive a 1099 at the end of the year if we pay you more then $600 that tax calendar year.
How to apply…
Please email us email@example.com
and send along the following…
- An introduction about who you are, a summary of your background and career highlights. What your proud of, what your strengths are.
- A link to your online portfolio.
- A resume if you have one Or
- A list of makeup companies you’ve worked for and brand trainings you’ve had.
- Education background.
- 3 solid work references.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR INTEREST! We can’t wait to hear from you!
♥️ Genn Shaughnessy and The Backstage Stylist Glam Squad